Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 1 - Here We Go!

It is Sunday, January 8, 2012 and Shana and I have started the 24 day challenge.  Here is what we did today.
Upon waking up we had a full glass of water, 3 Catalyst and I had a SPARK Energy Drink (Fruit Punch).
Followed that 30 minutes later with the Fiber Drink (Herbal Cleanse).
For Breakfast I had the Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake and Shana had the Berry.  I really liked the Chocolate.
Morning Snack we both had an Apple.
Sunday Lunch is our standard meal out.  We went to Cowboy Chicken.  I ordered the Grilled Chicken with Green Beans and Butternut Squash.  Shana ordered the 1/4 Chicken White(did not eat the skin) with Green Beans and Campfire Veggies.  GREAT MEAL.  Normally I would get 3 pieces of Dark Meat and a Double Helping of Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes.  I drank 4 glasses of water instead of 4 DrPepper's.  We took the Omegaplex at lunch since I forgot it with Breakfast.
For the afternoon snack I started off with the Mandarin Orange SPARK.  Followed that up with some mixed nuts.
After some grocery runs to stock the fridge with the "RIGHT STUFF" Shana made a great Vegetable/Beef Soup. We also took 2 Omegaplex with dinner.  After Dinner, I had a few more mixed nuts for a snack.
I feel like I have been drinking WATER all day.  It is important to drink 4 liters of water during the cleanse.

First Day Takeaways
I LOVE SPARK!  Great taste and I had energy all day.
The Fiber drink was thick and not easy to drink quickly.  Tomorrow I plan to add some water to it and maybe a little pure Cranberry juice (NO SUGAR).  I also saw a suggestion to mix the fiber drink with the Meal Replacement Shake(MRS).
I am a BIG FAN of the Chocolate MRS.  I could drink that all the time.
I felt great after eating a HEALTHY lunch.  It was very rewarding as I ENJOYED eating a healthy meal, including things I NEVER would have ordered before.

I am very grateful that I have a partner to do this with.  Shana, my wife, is very thorough and we are helping each other make good choices.  The fresh soup she made tonight was GREAT.  Looking forward to a GREAT Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment